Make your own etc cocktail
Relax this summer with an etc cocktail.
As the summer nights are starting to get warmer what perfect way to chill out then with this Hampshire Garden cocktail created exclusively for etc Magazine.
Joe Walshe, head bartender at Las Iguanas Gunwharf Quays has created this sweet yet punchy cocktail, which is the perfect tipple to enjoy during a warm summer evening in the garden.
Made with purely local ingredients, this cocktail is a delicious beverage that celebrates the finest Hampshire produce.
The addition of the Danebury Sparkling wine, produced in Stockbridge, balances the sweet strawberry and rose petal jam, creating a sophisticated taste.
The mixture of floral light flavours truly encapsulates the freshness of the English countryside.
Have a go at making your own and enjoy it in your sunlit garden.
Hampshire Garden Cocktail
Serving: Makes one cocktail
- 25ml Twisted Nose Gin
- 3 teaspoons (15ml) of Yarty cordials elderflower cordial
- 1 heaped teaspoon of strawberry and rose petal jam from Hampshire Jam & Chutney Company
- Approx. 60mls of Danebury Sparkling wine
- 1 strawberry
- Mix together the gin, elderflower cordial and strawberry and rose petal jam.
- Add ice and shake well in a cocktail shaker (or stir vigorously over ice if you don’t have a shaker)
- Once shaken (or stirred) add the Danebury Sparkling wine
- Strain the mixture with a cocktail strainer (or indeed a tea strainer) and pour into a martini glass or champagne flute
- Finish off the cocktail by delicately garnishing the top with a fresh strawberry
July 29, 2016 Food and Drink